by Libbe HaLevy | Dec 22, 2021
Nuclear Hollywood Revealed! Lookout Mountain Laboratories was the secret film studio dedicated to filming raw footage of nuclear weapons tests and editing them into propaganda films. New book (cover picture above) reveals the full history.
Audio Player00:0000:00Use Up/Down Arrow keys to increase or decrease volume.
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- We talk at length with Kevin Hamilton and Ned O’Gorman, authors of LOOKOUT AMERICA! The Secret Hollywood Studio at the Heart of the Cold War. Learn about the U.S. Government’s secret Hollywood studio that filmed nuclear above ground blasts and turned them into pro-nuke propaganda; and cranked out other images and films the government used to use to manipulate nuclear consent during the coldest of the Cold War. It’s a whole new take on understanding how we’ve been deceived into believing what we believe about nukes.
Links from the Interview:
- LOOKOUT AMERICA! website includes links to films and research information: http://www.LookoutAmerica.org.
- Atomic Blonde – how Marilyn Monroe became involved in Lookout Mountain.
- Nuclear Savage – a film by Adam Jonas Horowitz on the bombing of the Marshall Islands. Lots of film clips from Lookout Mountain included.
- OPERATION IVY – full film that made President Eisenhower want to share nuclear information with the country.
- Dr. Strangelove – Below, the final scene, including montage of bomb blasts filmed by Lookout Mountain Laboratory (montage starts at 2:34)
- Manhattan Project for a Nuclear-Free World – Messages from Moms from Okuma and Futaba: